Historical Association, Ealing Branch.
Privacy Statement in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations
This privacy statement gives you information on:
• Why we collect your personal information.
• The information we hold, how we use it and how we keep it secure.
• The circumstances under which we delete this information.
We are doing this to reflect the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which becomes effective on 25 May 2018 and affects organisations like Historical Association, Ealing Branch (HAE).
The definition HAE should be taken to include members, lapsed members, guests and those who have passed their personal data to us directly, for example at meetings, and thereby have signified their consent to HAE retaining their personal data for the reasons and purposes set out in this Privacy Statement.
HAE is committed to protecting any personal information that we collect concerning you. We recognise that it is your information.
1. The Types of Personal Information we collect.
We collect the minimum amount of information that we need to run HAE effectively.
This information comes directly from the information that you provide HAE in your Membership Application or the Renewal forms, namely:
• Prefix and name
• Postal address
• Telephone numbers
• Email address
• The amount of your subscription and type of subscription
We will update this information as appropriate from the renewal form you send us when you renew your membership.
This includes personal information purposely given to us by non-members whether given to us directly, or via the website or at meetings.
2. Your consent.
In giving us this personal information you are giving HAE your consent to store it and to use it in the ways set out in this document.
3. How do we use this information?
By giving your personal information to HAE you then give consent to us to communicate with you. For example:
• To notify you of meetings, lectures, outings and other events and activities.
• To send you information that you have specifically asked for, such as a membership application form or application forms for outings or other events organised by HAE or through HAE.
It also allows you to access information about the HAE such as articles about HAE activities; the HAE newsletter; access to our website and also to contact us either directly or through the website with enquiries related to the HAE.
You also give your consent to HAE sharing information with those service providers whose work on behalf of HAE is essential for the delivery of our services to you. These include database services, website hosting or email delivery services or, if required to do so, by the police, a regulatory or government authority.
In addition when visiting our website we may collect the following information which is used only to help us manage the website:
• Automatically populated IP address: a public IP address is a unique number which allows a computer, group of computers or other internet connected device to browse the internet.
• The time and date of your visit, and the pages that were requested.
• The referring website (if provided) and your internet browser version.
4. How we protect your data.
HAE is committed to protecting and safeguarding the personal information you entrust to us.
We will keep your information only for as long as is necessary and for the purposes set out in this privacy statement or to fulfil our legal obligations. We will not and do not want to keep more information than we need or for longer than we need.
We will delete your personal information from our electronic files and databases when:
• You notify us that you want to end your membership of HAE or contact with HAE.
• Two years after the expiry of your membership should we not receive any instructions from you to the contrary.
• We do not pass your data on to anyone else unless you give us permission. HAE will never provide your personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes.
• We use blind copy in emails to ensure your data is not shared.
• If you wish us to delete your data or have a complaint or comment about how your data is presented or used or information has been sent to you by mistake please contact our data controller Ann Scurfield on firstname.lastname@example.org
For us to comply with regulatory information requirements from the Charity Commission and Inland Revenue, for example, we may need to keep the hard copies of your Membership Application and Renewal forms for a specific period. After this period, the forms will be destroyed. Any updates or changes to this policy will be posted on HAE Website.
For and on behalf of Committee of the Ealing Historical Association